|Age||54 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||5 April 1968|
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 ft 10 inches (1.78 m)|
|Weight||75 kg (165 lbs)|
|Full Name||Ronit Bose Roy|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Model, TV Presenter, Businessperson|
|Birthplace||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
Ronit Roy is a talented Indian movies actor, television Host, television actor, businessman, TV producer, film editor and producer who predominantly recognized for his work in Bengali and Bollywood Cinema. He was born in Nagpur, Maharashtra, India on October 11, 1965.
Ronit Roy in his early days was settled in Ahmedabad city and planned to do a course in Hotel Management. For this purpose, he settled in Mumbai and resided at Subhash Gai’s house whilst associated with Mumbai’s Sea Rock Hotel as a trainee. He was washing dishes and cleaning tables in the hotel as it was a part of his training. Unluckily, he lost his father in this time and abandoned his Hotel Management training and initiated to work at Subhash Ghai’s production house named Mukta Arts. Where, he was employed as as a freelance copyreader and concurrently also did a few modeling works as well as advertisements.
In a little while, Ronit Roy made his first acting debut with the movie titled “Jaan Tere Naam”. The film was avowed superhit at Indian box-office. Ronit though couldn’t uphold the success rate upon which he could easily survive in movies. He therefore headed towards small screen and starred in a number of TV series. He rose to utmost fame by way of his depiction of a businessperson Rishabh Bajaj in the massively acclaimed drama series titled Kasautii Zindagii Kay. After that, he became a constant figure of Balaji Telefilms and starred in a number of megahit series such as Itna Karo Na Mujhe Pyar and Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi amongst various others. After emerging as one of the most desirable TV actors, he once again tried his good fortune in movies.
In the year 2010, Ronit Roy made his comeback on mega screen with the massively commended movie Udaan. He received immense acclaims with numerous Best Supporting Actor Awards for his remarkable acting in the movie. This movie once again fetched him to cinema and became a popular figure on mega screen subsequently playing supporting roles or a lead villain. Ronit’s performance as a leading villain in movies like Boss and Kaabil won him immense fame. In 2003, Ronit Roy is married to Neelam Roy and the couple was blessed with two kids. A son named Agastya Roy and a daughter named Aador.
Check out exclusive facts about Ronit Roy.
Ronit Roy Education
Ronit Roy Career
Profession: Actor, Producer, Model, TV Presenter, Businessperson
Film Debut: Jazbaat (1994)
TV Debut: Tujh Pe Dil Qurban (1995-1996)
Salary: 1.25 lacs /episode (INR)
Net Worth: 2 Million
Family & Relatives
Father: Brotindranath Roy
Mother: Dolly Bose Roy
Marital Status: Married
Manasi Joshi Roy
Daughter(s): Kiara Bose Roy
- Tisca Chopra (Actress)
- Manasi Joshi Roy (Actress)
Ronit Roy Favorites
Hobbies: Dancing, Playing Cricket, Watching Films
Favorite Food: Italian food, Bengali curries, rice and fish
Favorite Destination: Goa, Dubai
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Ronit Roy!
- Is Ronit Roy addicted to smoking?: Yes
- Is Ronit Roy alcoholic?: Yes
- Owing to his success on television, he is frequently named as “Big B” of Indian TV Industry.
- After heading from Ahmedabad city to Mumbai, he resided at his father’s close friend Subhash Ghai’s home for more than a year.
- In his striving days in Mumbai, he did numerous jobs like cleaning, dish-washing, bar-tending and serving tables.
- Ronit Roy is a businessperson too and owns a security agency named Ace Security and Protection which has provided security to stars like Hrithik Roshan, Shah Rukh Khan and Aamir Khan.
- In 90s, Ronit Roy delivered a number of flops films one after the other that spoiled his Bollywood career. Moreover, his first marriage also got disrupted throughout this time period.