Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 ft 7 inches (1.70 m)|
|Weight||176 lbs (80 kg)|
|Dress Size||4 (US)|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Full Name||Smriti Malhotra|
|Age||46 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||23 March 1976|
Smriti Irani is a famous Indian Politician, Television Actress, Model, Producer; Movie Actress & Playhouse Actress who primarily recognized for her acting in TV Serials. She was born in New Delhi, India on 23rd March, 1976.
Smriti Irani initiated her career as a model and took part in Miss India contest 1998. She appeared as frontrunner in this contest and this is how she came into limelight. In early 2000s, she starred in television industry. She made her first acting debut with drama serial titled Aatish. In 2000, she was featured to play leading role in Indian television’s most popular drama series titled Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi. Smriti Irani initiated to work in the series from its start in 2000 and worked till the year 2007. She left the show on account of some discrepancies with producer Ekta Kapoor. Though, in the year 2008, she took back for a special episode. Her depiction of Tulsi Mihir Virani won her immense appreciation and recognition and also made her an exceptional name.
After that, she has starred in a number of TV series like Mere Apne, Kuch…Diiil Se, Ek Thhi Naayka and Yeh Hai Jalwa amongst numerous others. Besides performing, Smriti Irani has also presented a number of television shows like Savdhaan India and Yeh Hai Jalwa. In her remarkable acting career, she has also starred in a few theatre projects and movies as well.
In the year 2003, Smriti Irani made her incursion into politics thru joining BJP. She abortively challenged against Kapil Sibal in general elections 2004. In 2010, she was emerged as National Secretary of the party and was also elected as party President of BJP’s female’s wing. In the following year, she was elected for Rajya Sabha and is presently an MP as of Rajya Sabha. She was elected as CM of Human Resource Development in cabinet of Narendra Modi. In the year 2016, Smriti was also given the control of Ministry of Textiles.
Smriti Irani was born to Shibani Bagchi and Ajay Kumar Malhotra. She is married to her longtime friend Zubin Irani and the couple was blessed with a daughter named Zoish Irani and a son named Zohr Irani.
Smriti Irani Education
|Qualification||12th Pass, Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) first year from Delhi University's School of Open Learning (did not complete the three-year degree course)|
|School||Holy Child Auxilium School, New Delhi
|College||School of Open Learning, University of Delhi
Smriti Irani's Photos Gallery
Smriti Irani Career
Profession: Actress, Politician
Video Song: Song “Boliyan” of the album “Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag” with Mika Singh in 1998
TV Serial: Aatish and Hum Hain Kal Aaj Aur Kal, both aired on Star Plus in 2000
TV Producer: Virrudh for Sony TV in 2007
TV Host: Yeh Hai Jalwa, a dance based reality show on 9X in 2008
Film (Actress): Amrita, a Bengali film in 2012
Salary: Rs. 1 Lakh + Other Allowances
Net Worth: Rs. 11.11 Crore
Family & Relatives
Father: Ajay Kumar Malhotra
Mother: Shibani Bagchi
Sister(s): Two Younger Sisters
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Zubin Irani
Son(s): Zohr Irani (Born in 2001)
Daughter(s): Zoish Irani (Born in 2003), Shanelle Irani (Step-daughter)
Smriti Irani Favorites
Hobbies: Doing Yoga, Listening to Music, Travelling, Playing Carrom
Favorite Actress: Rekha, Hema Malini
Favorite Singer: Lata Mangeshkar
Favorite Food: Gujarati Cuisines, Pizza, Chocolates
Favorite Destination: Goa
Favorite Color: Blue
Favorite TV Show: Tom and Jerry
Favorite Movies: Mr. India (1987), Avengers Series
Facts You Never Knew About Smriti Irani!
- Smriti Irani is a renowned Indian television actress cum politician.
- Her mom was an active member of Jana Sangh whereas her granddad was an RSS Swayamsevak.
- While Smriti Irani was a schoolgirl, her parents had called an astrologer with the intention of predicting their three daughters’ fortunes. The astrologer stated that whilst her two younger sisters would do remarkably well, “Badi Ladki Ka Kuchh Nahin Hoga.
- In a recent interview, Smriti Irani revealed that her parents had no major dreams for her either; they desired her to get married to a noble boy.
- Raised up in Delhi, Smriti desired to become either a journalist or a civil servant. Though, her father didn’t allow of any of them; as he believed that neither profession would perfectly suit her.
- In 1998, she starred in a song titled Saawan Mein Lag Gayi Aag together with Mika Singh.