Boman Irani is a famous Indian movie actor, voice and theater artist. He is mainly recognized for his comedic characters in megahit movies like Munnabhai MBBS, 3 Idiots and Dilwale. Boman is a receiver of IFFA and Filmfare award for his stunning performance in the movie 3 Idiots starring Aamir Khan and Kareena Kapoor. He is also a proficient photographer.
Boman Irani was on 2nd December 1959 in Mumbai, India. After successfully completing his graduation from Mithibai College Mumbai, he worked as a room service staff and waiter for Taj Mahal Hotel. Irani, though, had to resign from this job and return to his Mom’s bakery in Mumbai on account of her poor health.
Boman Irani also tried his luck at photography amid 1987 and 1989 years. He fostered a huge passion for Indian cinema since his college and learned proficient acting under the supervision of Hansraj Sindhia. Since then, he developed his interest in British theatre and discovered different accents. He got married to Zenobia in the year1985 after dating for more than 3 years. They have two sons, Kayoze Irani and Danish Irani. He is a devotee of Zoroastrianism. Boman Irani’s counselor was a professional theatre actor named Alyque Padamsee who is primarily recognized for playing the character of Mohammad Ali Jinnah in classic biographical movie, Gandhi.
Irani started his career in theatre and afterward moved towards films in the year 2000. He gained attention for his splendid character in the comedy movie “Munnabhai MBBS”. Since then, he has acted in “Lage Raho Munna Bhai” for which he received Filmfare award. Boman Irani has appeared in a number of megahit movies Like “DON”, ”3 idiots”, “No entry”, “Housefull 2” and “DON 2″ for which he received numeorus awards. He also performed in Tarun Manshukhani’s film Dostana starring Priyanka Chopra. Although the movie was a big commercial success, Boman Irani’s presence in the movie went without any praising from viewers. Post Dostana, he appeared in a number of unremarkable roles, a pattern which was ultimately broken with Raj Kumar Hirani’s blockbuster 3 Idiots.
|Boman Irani Bio Data||Description|
|Full Name||Boman Irani|
|Age (as of 2019)||59 years old|
|Date of Birth||2 December 1959|
|Birthplace||Nagpada, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Hometown||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Boman Irani Academic Profile|
|Qualification||Diploma in Polytechnic|
|School||St. Mary’s School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
Boman Irani HD Photos
|Boman Irani Career and Net Worth|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Net Worth||Not Available|
|Family & Relatives|
|Son(s)||Danesh and Kayoze|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||194 lbs|
|Weight in KG||88 kg|
|Height in Feet||6 feet 2 inches|
|Height in Meter||1.88 m|
|Shoe Size||10 (US)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Favorite Actress||Not Available|
|Favorite Food||Dhansak, biryani and prawns curry rice|
|Boman Irani Social Media|
Some Interesting Facts About Boman Irani
- Boman Irani did freelance photography for a famous Indian newspaper though he got a real step forward after he got a chance to shoot for Miss.
- Boman Irani suffered from Dyslexia, a reading ailment in his earlier years of life.
- Irani’s upbringing was fully done by his Mom as his father died before his birth.
- Boman Irani met his wife Zenobia when he was a youngster with his small shop for potato wafers.
- A most famous choreographer Shiamak Davar observed the hidden acting talent in Boman thus he proposed him to go for theatre.
- Boman Irani loves Rudyard Kipling poem.
- He is fluent in Hindi, Gujarati, English, Marathi and Bengali.
- He got training for acting from Hansraj Siddhia.
- He proposed Diana Hayden to take part in pageant beauty competition and even design a portfolio for her.
- Boman Irani also shot first portfolio of television actress Sanaya Irani.
- In the year 2019, Boman Irani designed his production banner titled Irani Movie Tone.
- Boman Irani, the only son among five siblings (he has 4 sisters), was born in December 1959. However, his father had passed away in May 1959, seven months prior to his birth.
- Boman Irani’s first appearance came with Rahul Bose’s directorial debut- Everybody Says I’m Fine (2001). Next, he was seen in the 2002 flick- Let’s talk.
- Bollywood actor Boman Irani is celebrating his 57th birthday today. The actor who has been in the industry for over a decade now has managed to defy his age and impress the audience with his acting prowess
- Boman Irani is often seen playing strong and sensible characters on the silver screens. We have seen him play the funny guy and then the good, bad and ugly as well.
- Boman Irani ventured into acting at the age of 35. He acted in several plays and theatre groups before making it big in Bollywood.
- Boman, who got his share of fame with his role Dr Asthana from Munnabhai MBBS, was signed for the movie even before it was scripted. In fact, Vidhu Vinod Chopra roped him in for Rs. 2 lakhs.
- Morgan Freeman Height, Net worth, Age, Bio, Family, Wife, Facts
- Rana Daggubati Bio, Height, Weight, Girlfriend and Facts
- Ram Charan Height, Net worth, Bio, Age, Family, Wife, Facts
- Dhanush Height, Net worth, Age, Bio, Family, Wife, Kids, Facts
- Kamal Haasan Height, Age, Bio, Net worth, Wife, Family, Facts