|Age||36 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||16 November 1985|
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||6 feet 2 inches (1.88 m)|
|Weight||82 kg (181 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Full Name||Aditya Roy Kapur|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Aditya Roy Kapur is an uprising Indian movie actor who predominantly works in Hindi movies. He was born in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India on 16th November 1985. Aditya Roy Kapur was born to Salome Roy Kapoor and Roy Kapoor. Actor Kunal Roy Kapoor and producer Siddharth Roy Kapoor are his elder brothers. Aditya shot to fame in the year 2013 by playing the leading role in commercially megahit romantic movie Aashiqui 2 and by playing a supporting role in coming-of-age romantic film Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani.
Aditya Roy Kapur initiated his career as a Video Jokey (VJ) on Channel V. He first time appeared in Vipul Shah’s movie titled ‘London Dreams’ with a trivial role. After his movie ‘London Dreams’, he starred in Vipul Shah’s romantic sci-fi titled ‘Action Replay’ in a supporting character. In 2003, Aditya Roy Kapur’s career took a U-turn when he played the leading role in Mohit Suri’s romantic movie Aashiqui 2. His coupling with the actress Shraddha Kapoor was massively acclaimed and his acting was given a thumbs-up by critics.
In the same year, Aditya Roy Kapur appeared in Ayyan Mukerji’s movie Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani opposite Kalki Koechlin, Ranbir Kapoor and Deepika Padukone. Aditya’s acting raised him positive reviews from both critics and audiences, and a nomination for the Best Supporting Actor in Filmfare Award.
Once establishing himself as a successful actor with these two commercially hit movies he afterwards played leading roles in movies like Fitoor and Daawat-e-Ishq. Both of which failed at Indian box-office. In the year 2016, Kapoor made a distinctive appearance with co-actress Alia Bhatt starrer Dear Zindagi. He only had one release in the year 2017, i.e. Ok Jaanu. He has feature alongside Shraddha Kapoor in this movie. He will be next appeared in Dharma Productions “Shiddat” which was scheduled to release in the year 2018.
Check out exclusive facts about Aditya Roy Kapur.
Aditya Roy Kapur Education
|School||G D Somani Memorial School, Mumbai|
|College||St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai|
Aditya Roy Kapur Career
Profession: Actor, VJ
- Film Debut: London Dreams (2009)
Salary: 4 crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: $8 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Roy Kapur (Producer)
Mother: Salome Roy Kapur (Former model)
Siddharth Roy Kapur (Elder, Producer and CEO of UTV Motion Pictures), Kunaal Roy Kapur (Elder, Producer)
Marital Status: In a relationship
Diva Dhawan (Model)
- Rhea Chakraborty (Actress)
- Shraddha Kapoor (Actress, Rumored)
Aditya Roy Kapur Favorites
Hobbies: Collecting matchboxes, playing guitar, drawing, writing songs
Favorite Food: Eggs Benedict, Pizza, Butter chicken, Kaali daal, Kung Pao chicken, Kung Pao potatoes, Honey Nut Crunch, Bavarian Chocolate
Favorite Destination: Hawaii
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Aditya Roy Kapur!
- Aditya Roy Kapur was born into an affluent family to a Jewish Mom and Punjabi father.
- Aditya’s grandfather named Raghupat Roy Kapur was migrated from Lahore, to Mumbai, where he worked as a filmmaker.
- He desired to become a cricketer though dropped his coaching classes when he was in his 6th grade.
- Prior appearing in Bollywood, he took diction classes with the intention of improving his Hindi accent.
- Aditya Roy Kapur made a head start to his acting career and starred in entertainment industry as Video Jockey on Channel V.
- He desired to release his music album prior acting.
- Aditya Roy Kapur is a food fanatic and street food is his weakness.
- For his movie Fitoor, he refused two big projects, though the movie didn’t perform well at Indian box-office.
- Aditya once told that he desires his dream girl to shine like an angel and also she should have big and expressive eyes and a perfect nose.
- For a scene in the movie Aashiqui 2, Aditya came drunk on the film set though the shot got negated as he was not in senses.
- Aditya is a very sluggish person and he always prefers to wake up late in the morning. He occasionally wakes up in lunchtimes.