Nickname:Drama Queen, Controversy Queen
Full Name:Neeru Bheda
Profession:Actress, Dancer, TV Host, Politician
Age (as of 2019):40 years old
Date of Birth:25 November 1978
Birthplace:Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Zodiac Sign: Sagittarius
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 ft 3 inches (1.60 m)
Weight:60 kg (132 lbs)
Body Measurements:36-28-36 inches
Dress Size:6 (US)
Rakhi Sawant is a famous Indian movie actress, dancer, politician, TV Actress, Model and television host who primarily recognized for her work in Tamil, Hindi; Telugu; Marathi and Bengali movies.
Rakhi Sawant’s real name was ‘Neeru Bheda’. She has appeared as a host in numerous talk shows on television. She has also starred in movies in different languages like Hindi, Marathi, Kannada, Telugu and Tamil. Rakhi Sawant was also starred as one of the contestants of television reality show titled ‘Big Boss’. She made it to top 4 lists of the finalists for the show.
Rakhi Sawant made her debut in a movie titled ‘Agnichakr’. She afterwards portrayed numerous small roles in films. She also initiated to work on dancing songs. Rakhi was also appeared in low-budgeted Bollywood films like Yeh Raaste Hain Pyaar Ke, Jis Desh Mein Ganga Rehta Hain and Joru Ka Ghulam. She also starred in a renowned dancing competition titled ‘Nach Baliye season 3” with Madhuri Dixit’s apparel.
In the year 2003, Rakhi Sawant tried just about four times to emerge as a part of item number in the movie titled ‘Chura Liyaa Hai Tumne’. She got a chance and did the item song produced by Himesh Reshammiya ‘Mohabbat Hai Mirchi’. This song got a good response from audience. Rakhi Sawant was also starred in movie titled ‘Masti’ and ‘Main Hoon Na’.
Rakhi Sawant is a stage artiste and has acted as a host, judge and participant on numerous shows. She was also seen to perform in 57th Film Awards alongside Shahrukh Khan and Ranbir Kapoor in 2012. Rakhi even had an item dance performance alongside Ranveer Singh and Arjun Kapoor in 2015. Kurukshetra, Agnichakra, Saatchya Aat Gharat, 6 Teens, Buddha Mar Gaya, Khamoshh… Khauff Ki Raat, Mumbai Can Dance Saala, Dil Bole Hadippa!, Upeksha are some of her most noticeable movies. “Hil Pori hila” and “Dekhta Hai Kya” are a few of her most renowned dancing songs.
In the year 2014, Rakhi Sawant professed that she was preparing to participate in Lok Sabha elections from North-West Mumbai. She originated her own party named ‘Rashtriya Aam Party’. No specific sign was allocated to the party; she got only a few votes and ultimately lost her credit. Rakhi afterwards joined Indian Republican Party articulating a desire to work for Dalits. She works as party’s state vice-president of female wing.
Facts You Never Knew About Rakhi Sawant!
- Is Rakhi Sawant addicted to smoking?: No
- Is Rakhi Sawant alcoholic?: Yes
- She belongs to a conventional Marathi family. Her mom is a Gujarati whereas her father is a Marathi.
- In accordance with her, she was a target of child abuse and had to suffer different gender-based prohibitions such as going to salons, standing out in balconies, doing dance in front of public etc.
- She served as a caterer at Tina Ambani’s wedding ceremony, while she was only 10 years old.
- In her 11 years of age, her mom cut her long hair and even beat her; only because she participated in Dandia event.
- In her debut movie titled Agnichakra, Rakhi Sawant used her on-screen name Ruhi Sawant.
Rakhi Sawant Education
Qualification: Not Known
School: Goklibai High School, Mumbai 
College: Mithibai College, Mumbai 
Rakhi Sawant Gallery
Rakhi Sawant Career
Profession: Actress, Dancer, TV Host, Politician
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Bollywood Film: Agnichakra (1997)
- Telugu Film: 6 Teens (2001)
- Tamil Film: Gambeeram (2004)
- Marathi: Saatchya Aat Gharat (2004)
- TV: Bigg Boss 1 (2006)
- Album: Supergirl (2007)
Salary: ₹10-12 lakhs
Net Worth: ₹14 crore
Family & Relatives
Father: Anand Sawant
Mother: Jaya Bheda
Brother(s): Rakesh Sawant
Sister(s): Usha Sawant
Marital Status: Unmarried
- Abhishek Avasthi (Dancer)
- Elesh Parujanwala (Ex-fiance)
- Deepak Kalal