Full Name:Konidela Ram Charan Tej
Profession:Actor, Producer, Dancer, Entrepreneur
Age (as of 2019):34 years old
Date of Birth:March 27, 1985
Birthplace:Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Zodiac Sign: Aries
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 feet 8 inches (1.74 m)
Weight:75 kg (165 lbs)
Hair Color:Light Brown
Ram Charan is a popular Indian movie actor, producer, dancer, entrepreneur and businessman who performed in a number of Telugu films. He received two Cine MAA Awards, two Nandi Awards, two Santosham Best Actor Awards and two South Filmfare awards. Ram Charan is considered amongst one of the highest paid actors in Telugu movies.
Yevadu is a recent smash hit movie of Ram Charan. His other blockbuster movie credits involve Zanjeer, Naayak, Bruce Lee – The Fighter, Govindudu Andarivadele and Dhruva. Charan is famous for his dancing moves in Telugu cinema and also has good proficiency in Martial Arts. Ram Charan will be appeared in upcoming movie Khaidi No. 150. He belongs to Indian nationality with mixed ethnicity. Ram Charan is the son of Surekha Konidala and Chiranjeevi. He is a follower of Hinduism and 31 years old. Charan’s nickname is Cherry.
Going back to his former life, Ram Charan was born on 27 March1985 in Chennai, India. His father is a well-known Tollywood star and politician and his Mom is a housewife. He has two siblings with one elder sister named Sushmita and one younger sister named Srija. Actors Pawan Kalyan and Nagendra Babu are paternal uncles of Charan. He is also the first cousin of famous actor Allu Arjun. Ram Charan is the grandson of Allu Rama Lingaiah, who was a well-known comedian. He completed his studies at Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan School, Chennai. Charan is fond of reading, cooking and horse riding.
Heading for his career in Tollywood, Charan has made his first acting debut with the movie Chirutha and Magadheera is the second movie, made him appeared himself as one of the top Tollywood actors.
Moving to his life, Ram Charan’s present marital status is married. In 14th June, 2012, Charan got married to Upasana Kamineni, who is Vice Chairman of Apollo Charity, at Temple Tress Farm. In the year 2011, their engagement took place in Hyderabad city.
Facts You Never Knew About Ram Charan!
- Ram Charan’s first Tollywood movie Chirutha was a big flop though his next movie was a mega hit and ran in cinema theatres for 757 days.
- Charan’s family belongs to a filmy background as his Dad Chiranjeevi is a famous Telugu movie actor and his grandpa Allu Lingaiah was a freedom fighter and comedian.
- Actor Rana Daggubati is his friend since childhood.
- Renowned actor Pawan Kalyan is his paternal uncle and Allu Rama Arjun is his first cousin.
- Prior acting, he planned to chase his career as an Automobile Engineer.
- Ram Charan learned his acting skills from Kishore Namit’s acting classes in Mumbai.
- He did ad commercial for Pepsi, whereas his father for Thumps Up.
- He is associated with an airlines business named Turbo Megha Airways.
- Ram Charan is the owner of a Hyderabad Polo Team titled Ram Charan Hyderabad Polo Riding Club.
- Charan’s wife, Upasana Kamineni is chief editor of B Positive magazine and vice-chairman of Apollo Charitys.
- Charan’s father Chiranjeevi is a big fan of Amitabh Bachchan and he always desired to perform with him. Though, accidentally his son was capable of working on the re-creation of Amitabh’s, Zanjeer.
Ram Charan Education
School: Padma Seshadri Bala Bhavan School, Chennai
College: Siddhartha Degree College, Vijayawada
Ram Charan Gallery
Ram Charan Career
Profession: Actor, Producer, Dancer, Entrepreneur
Debut TV Series/Movie:
- Chirutha (2007)
Salary: 12 Crore/film (INR)
Net Worth: $2 million
Family & Relatives
Mother: Surekha Konidela
Sister(s): Sushmita (Elder) and Srija (Younger)
Marital Status: Married
Wife/Girlfriend: Upasana Kamineni