Bhanurekha Ganesan better known by her stage name Rekha, is an Indian film performing artist. Noted for her flexibility and recognized as one of the best on-screen characters in Indian Cinema. Rekha began her vocation in 1966 as a kid on-screen character in the Telugu film, Rangula Ratnam. In spite of the success of a few of her initial movies, she was frequently searched for gold looks and it was not until the mid-to-late 1970s that she was publicly acknowledged as a performing artist.
Rekha has acted in more than 180 movies in her vocation spreading over more than 50 years. All through her vocation, she has regularly played solid female characters and aside from standard film, showed up in arthouse films, referred to in India as a parallel film. She has won three Filmfare Awards, two for Best Actress and one for Best Supporting Actress, for her roles in Khubsoorat (1980), Khoon Bhari Maang (1988) and Khiladivon Ka Khiladi (1996), respectively. Her depiction of a traditional concubine in Umrao Jaan (1981) won her the National Film Award for Best Actress.
Despite the fact that her career has experienced certain times of decay, she has rehashed herself on various occasions and has been attributed for her capacity to maintain her status. In 2010, she was honored with the fourth highest civilian award of India, Padma Shri, by the Government Of India.
She had two movies released in 1970: the Telugu film Amma Kosam and the Hindi film Sawan Bhadon, which was her debut performance in Bollywood. Sawan Bhadon turned into a hit, and Rekha was turned into a star medium-term seemingly overnight. In spite of the accomplishment of the film, she was frequently despised for her looks. She hence got a few offers yet nothing of substance, as her jobs were for the most part just of a model. She showed up in a few industrially effective movies at the time, yet she was not widely acknowledged for her acting skills.
Rekha’s most noteworthy defining moment, be that as it may, came in 1978, with her depiction of an assault-injured individual in the film Ghar. The film was viewed as her first remarkable turning point, and her execution was cheered by the two pundits and gatherings of people.
In that same year, she achieved popularity with Muqaddar Ka Sikander, in which she co-featured with Amitabh Bachchan. The film was the greatest hit of that year, and one of the greatest hits of the decade, and Rekha was set as a standout amongst the best performing artists of these occasions. The film opened to a positive basic gathering, and Rekha’s execution as a prostitute named Zohra noted for a “seething force”.
An exemplification of magnificence, tastefulness, and balance, Rekha has carried on with an actual existence in Bollywood that is not as much as an overwhelming blend of discussions, interface ups, victories and disappointments as well. However, the yesteryear performing artist dependably managed to be steadfast and didn’t let anything come in way of her wonderful career.
It won’t be right to state that even today, Rekha still stays a standout amongst the most ravishing women in Bollywood who can give more youthful performing artist a keep running towards victory.
Stay Tuned To Find Out More About Rekha’s Bio And Her Lifestyle.
You may also like to check Beren Saat And Her Lifestyle.
|Rekha Bio Data||Description|
|Full Name||Bhanurekha Ganesan|
|Nickname/Alternative Name||The Bollywood Queen, Rekhaji, Madame X|
|Age (as of 2019)||64 years old|
|Date of Birth||10 October 1954|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Current Residence||Sea Spring, Bungalow No.2, B.J. Road, Bandra (West), Mumbai. 400050|
|Rekha Academic Profile|
|School||Church Park Convent, Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
Rekha HD Photos
|Rekha Career and Net Worth|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Net Worth||$30 million|
|Family & Relatives|
|Husband/Boyfriend||Late Vinod Mehra (rumored)Late Mukesh Agarwal (m. January 1990; d. October 1990)|
|Father||Gemini Ganesan (Tamil Actor)|
|Mother||Pushpavalli (Telugu Actress)|
|Brother(s)||Sathish Kumar Ganesan|
|Sister||Kamala Selvaraj, Radha, Jaya Sreedhar, Vijaya Chamundeswari, Revathi Swaminathan, Narayani Ganesh|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||132 lbs|
|Weight in KG||60 kg|
|Height in Feet||5’ 6”|
|Height in Meter||1.68 m|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Hobbies||Writing Poetry, Doing Yoga, Making Charcoal Sketches|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Dilip Kumar|
|Favorite Actress||Kangana Ranaut|
|Favorite Food||Not Available|
|Favorite Color||Golden, Red|
Some Interesting Facts About Rekha
- At the age of 13, she quit school to begin a vocation in acting. She didn’t have any close to home yearnings toward this path, yet the pained budgetary condition of her family constrained her to do as such.
- She needed to learn Hindi, as that was not Hindi’s standard dialect was not spoken in her household.
- Rekha has additionally been selected as a Rajya Sabha part. She presently is the individual from the Rajya Sabha (May 2012)
- Shockingly, the performer had an extremely intense adolescence since her dad never truly cared for her amid youth or even recognized being her dad. Perhaps this is on account of, Rekha’s dad never wedded her mom and she remains an ill-conceived youngster.
- Rekha dependably longed for venturing to the far corners of the planet and that is the reason she needed to wind up an air hostess, however shockingly she was dismissed because of her young age.
- Rekha is fixated on make-up, to such an extent that amid her young days, she used to make companions with air hostesses, who might bring her best of make-up brands from abroad.
- There was a point in Rekha’s initial life when she even needed to be a religious recluse. Indeed, that inclination came after she learned in a religious community school with Irish nuns.
- Rekha’s spouse Mukesh Aggarwal committed suicide a year after their marriage.
- Rekha maybe has been the main yesteryear courageous woman who was connected with most extreme of her co-stars including any semblance of Amitabh Bachchan, Raj Babbar, Vinod Mehra, Navin Nischol, Jeetendra, Yash Kohli, Kiran Kumar, Shatrughan Sinha, Sajid Khan, and Akshay Kumar.
- Apparently, she was rumored to have covertly tied the knot to co-star Vinod Mehra, however, she straightforwardly rubbished the rumors in a talk show with Simi Garewal.
- Having spent very nearly 4 decades in Hindi film industry, the Rekhna still harbors an unfulfilled dream – that of assuming the lead job inverse none other than Dilip Kumar.
- Amid her underlying years in the acting industry, Rekha was constantly looked down on due to her dim appearance and highlights, and Bollywood even thought about an odd one out.
- Rekha is exceptionally enthusiastic about singing and incredible RD Burman’s ask for, she even sang two melodies in her film titled ‘Khoobsurat’.
- While ladies of any age love to duplicate their mark style of wearing Kanjeevaram sarees, however, the performing artist adores reexamining her old sarees with another curve of her own style.
- Unlike most Bollywood stars, Rekha is known to be exceedingly dependable and she esteems time more than whatever else.
- With regards to having brotherhood companions, Rekha is closest companions with dream young lady Hema Malini and at whatever point Hema Ji hosts to welcome companions for gatherings, Rekha is on her speed dial.
- Rekha additionally happens to be the first since the forever on-screen character in Hindi film industry who got herself enlisted in a rec center at Hotel Ramee International and she began with swimming and essential activities.
- Jacqueline Fernandez Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Family, Boyfriend And Facts
- Sonali Bendre Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Family, Boyfriend And Facts
- Rani Mukerji Height, Bio, Weight, Net worth, Age, Family, Husband, Facts
- Vidya Balan Bio, Height, Net worth, Age, Family, Boyfriend, Facts
- Sonam Kapoor Bio, Height, Weight, Age, Family, Boyfriend And Facts