Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||5 feet 5 inches (1.65 m)|
|Weight||65 kg (143 lbs)|
|Dress Size||12 (US)|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Known For||Shivagami in Baahubali: The Beginning, Baahubali: The Conclusion|
|Full Name||Ramya Krishnan|
|Age||51 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||15 September 1970|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
Ramya Krishnan is a renowned Indian movie actress. She has starred in more than 200 Indian movies in five different languages: Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam, Hindi, and Kannada. Ramya has received three Nandi Awards, four Filmfare Awards, and a Tamil Nadu State Filmfare Award.
Ramya Krishnan rose to utmost fame by way of her massively acclaimed role of Neelambari in the movie titled Padayappa which also earned her Filmfare Award for the Best Tamil Actress. In the year 2009, she also received Award for the Best Supporting Telugu Actress for dramedy Konchem Ishtam Konchem Kashtam. Her depiction of Rajamatha Sivagami Devi in Baahubali 2015-2017 series received international acclamation. While Baahubali: The Beginning is the 6th top-grossing Indian movie, its succession Baahubali 2: The Conclusion is the second top-grossing film of all the time.
Ramya Krishnan was born in Chennai, India on 15th September 1970. She was born to Maya and Krishnan. Ramya Krishnan is the niece of renowned Tamil humorist named Cho Ramaswamy. She received training in Western, Kuchipudi and Bharathanatyam dance forms and has delivered a number of stage performances. In the year 1984, Ramya Krishnan initiated her acting career when she was only 14 years old in a Tamil movie titled Vellai Manasu, alongside Y. G. Mahendra.
Ramya’s first movie was Bhale Mithrulu. She achieved immense recognition through Sutradharulu, released in the year 1989. She appeared as a prominent actress in Telugu film industry together with Meena, Soundarya, Nagma and Roja in the 1990s. As her major breakthrough came from K. Raghavendra Rao’s movies wherein she starred as a romantic diva of the era, owing to successful movies like Allari Mogudu, Major Chandrakanth, Alludugaru together with Allari Priyudu and Mohan Babu alongside Rajasekhar. Ramya portrayed the role of the wife of Sri Annamacharya, which was portrayed by Nagarjuna in the megahit movie titled Annamayya. She has starred with prominent Telugu actors like Akkineni Nageswara Rao, N. T. Rama Rao, Chiranjeevi, Krishna, Nagarjuna, Balakrishna, Mohan Babu, Venkatesh, Rajendra Prasad, Jagapathi Babu, Rajasekhar, Srikanth, Mahesh Babu, Prabhas and Jr. NTR.
Ramya Krishnan portrayed the leading role in Bollywood comedy action movie titled Bade Miyan Chote Miyan together with Govinda and Amitabh Bachchan. She depicted the leading role in Tamil movie Padayappa together with Rajinikanth. In 1997, she has also starred in Bollywood movie titled Banarasi Babu. She also starred as a judge in a dancing show Jodi Number One season 1, trailed by season 5, aired on STAR Vijay.
Check out exclusive ➡ facts about Ramya Krishnan.
Ramya Krishnan Education
Ramya Krishnan's Photos Gallery
Ramya Krishnan Career
Known For: Shivagami in Baahubali: The Beginning, Baahubali: The Conclusion
- Film: Vellai Manasu (Tamil, 1983)
- TV: Shaktimaan (1997-2005)
Family & Relatives
Sister(s): Vinaya Krishnan
Marital Status: Married
Husband: Pasupuleti Krishna Vamsi
Facts You Never Knew About Ramya Krishnan!
- Is Ramya Krishnan addicted to smoking?: Not Known
- Is Ramya Krishnan alcoholic?: Not Known
- At the age of 13, Ramya initiated her career in acting with the Tamil movie titled Vellai Manasu.
- In the 90s, she tried her good fortune in Bollywood and has appeared with the likes of Shah Rukh Khan, Sanjay Dutt and Amitabh Bachchan.
- Ramya Krishnan also starred in Shaktimaan, one of the most renowned television shows of the past, as Shaliyaa.
- Ramya is proficient in Western, Bharathanatyam and Kuchipudi dancing forms.
- She has worked in numerous languages, namely Telugu, Tamil, Malayalam, Hindi, and Kannada.
- In the year 2006, Ramya Krishnan judged a dancing reality show titled Jodi Number One aired on Vijay TV.