Jimmy Shergill is a famous Indian movie actor as well as a film Producer who predominantly recognized for his work in Punjabi and Hindi movies. He was born in Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India 3rd December, 1970.
Jimmy Shergill completed his schooling from “The Punjab Public School” Nabha and earned his graduation degree from Bikram College, Punjabi University; Patiala. In 1996, he made his first acting debut with Bollywood megahit movie titled Maachis as Jasjit Shergill. His acting in the film was massively acclaimed and he thrived to fascinate the viewers as well as Bollywood film producers as from his debutant movie. This movie did relatively good business at Indian Box office.
In the year 2000, he was lucky enough to work under Yash Raj movies banner in the movie Mohabbatein and also worked with Bollywood megastars such as Aishwarya Rai, Shah Rukh Khan and Amitabh Bachchan were in the lead. His first ever critically as well as commercially successful movie was Sanjay Dutt featuring movie Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. in the role of Zaheer. This movie was much commended by the viewers as well as received millions of positive reviews from film and public critics.
In the year 2005, Jimmy Shergill made his first Pollywood debut with Manmohan Singh’s directed movie titled Yaaran Naal Baharan featuring Raj Babbar, Anupam Kher and Juhi Babbar. He enthralled the Punjabi viewers by his debut role. Together with Punjabi movies, he starred in a number of Bollywood superhit movies and had a chance to work with leading actresses and actors of Bollywood cinema. Shergill made his milestone in Bollywood through his influential acting on mega screen.
From the years 2003 to 2018, Jimmy Shergill starred in numerous movies such as Tom Dick and Harry, Charas, Hum Tum, Victoria No. 203, Lage Raho Munna Bhai, My Name Is Khan, A Wednesday!, Biwi Aur Gangster, Biwi Aur Gangster Returns, Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster 3, Tanu Weds Manu: Returns and Veerey Ki Wedding. As a film producer, he produced his first movie titled Dharti. This film received PTC Best Film Award. Afterwards, he produced a number of other Punjabi movies such as Saadi Love Story, Taur Mittran Di and Rangeelay.
|Jimmy Shergill Bio Data|
|Full Name||Jasjit Singh Gill|
|Age (as of 2019)||47 years old|
|Date of Birth||3 December 1971|
|Birthplace||Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Hometown||He is currently settled in Mumbai but he basically belongs to Punjab, India|
|Jimmy Shergill Academic Profile|
|School||St. Paul's college, Lucknow
The Punjab Public School, Nabha, Punjab
Yadavindra Public School, Patiala
|College/University||Bikram College, Punjabi University, Patiala, Punjab|
|Jimmy Shergill HD Photos||
|Jimmy Shergill Career and Net Worth|
|Debut TV Series/Movie||
|Net Worth||$10 Million|
|Family & Relatives|
|Physical Statistics & Build|
|Weight in Pounds||171.6 lbs|
|Weight in KG||78 Kg|
|Height in Feet||5 Feet 8 Inches (5' 8")|
|Height in Meter||1.72 m|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hobbies & Other Activities|
|Hobbies||Reading, Playing & Watching Cricket|
|Likes and Dislikes|
|Favorite Actor||Shah Rukh Khan, Mel Gibson|
|Favorite Actress||Sridevi, Kajol, Meg Ryan|
Some Interesting Facts About Jimmy Shergill
- Is Jimmy Shergill addicted to smoking?: No
- Is Jimmy Shergill alcoholic?: Yes
- He belongs to a family of distillers and landowners.
- Since his schooling, he desires to join Indian Armed Forces.
- Until his 18 years of age, he carried a turban on his head though detached it; as he found it hard to handle it in hostel. After emerging as cut surd, his family so much frustrated that they didn’t talk to him for more than a year.
- After getting fortified by his first cousin Suminder, he enrolled for Roshan Taneja’s school of acting.
- In the year 1989, he met with a severe accident while riding the bike; some of his bones also got cracked.
- Jimmy Shergill rose to utmost fame after his chocolaty performance in the movie titled Mohabbatein.
- He is very humble and acquitted personality in his real life.
- He amended the spells of his last name from Shergill to Sheirgill as it was frequently used across social media.