Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Body Measurements||34-26-36 inches|
|Height||5 feet 4 inches (1.62 m)|
|Weight||50 kg (110 lbs)|
Ameesha Patel is an Indian model and model who primarily appears in Bollywood movies. She is the granddaughter of an Indian freedom fighter, former Justice and lawyer named Rajni Patel. Ameesha Patel was born in Mumbai, India on 9th June, 1976. Ameesha’s younger brother Ashmit Patel is also a well-known Bollywood movie actor and her name is a combination of last 3 letters of her Mom’s name Asha and first 3 letters of her father’s name Amit.
Ameesha Patel completing her schooling at Cathedral & John Connon High School in Bombay, and afterwards move ahead to attain a degree in Economics from Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, U.S.A. Once completing her graduation she worked with a finance company and also did modeling as a side work. Ameesha Patel has learned Bharat Natyam dance since her age of 5, and had also took part in numerous plays in Satyadev Dubey’s Theatre involving a play titled ‘Neelam’.
Ameesha Patel did not have any plans of becoming a Bollywood actress, though when Amit’s friend, film director and actor, Rakesh Roshan, saw her in a family lunch, he presented her the leading role for the movie ‘Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai’. Ameesha accepted this offer and luckily the movie go ahead to become a megahit blockbuster, and made her a superstar overnight.
Ameesha Patel moved ahead to appear in several movies and her most noteworthy works involves ‘Humraaz’, ‘Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’, ‘Mangal Pandey’, ‘Yeh Hai Jalwa’, ‘Bhool Bhulaiyaa’, ‘Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.’ ‘Race 2’ and ‘Thoda Pyaar Thoda Magic’. She has also starred in a number of South Indian movies.
Ameesha Patel has been the winner of four awards for her stunning performances in the movies ‘Gadar: Ek Prem Katha’ and ‘Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai’. She has co-featured with the superstars like Sunny Deol, Akshaye Khanna, Bobby Deol, Akshay Kumar, Aftab Shivdasani, Sanjay Dutt, Arjun Rampal, Hrithik Roshan and numerous others.
Ameesha Patel dated a renowned Bollywood director named Vikram Bhatt, for more than 5 years since the proclamation of their first movie titled ‘Aap Mujhe Achche Lagne Lage’, though they had broken-up in the year 2007. Ameesha started dating a Delhi and London-based businessman named Kanav Puri after her break-up, though they finally broke up later in the year 2010.
Check out exclusive ➡facts about Ameesha Patel.
Ameesha Patel Education
School: The Cathedral And John Connon School
College: Tufts University (2007)
Ameesha Patel Career
Profession: Actress, Model
Kaho Na Pyaar Hai (2000)
Net Worth: $31 Million approx
Family & Relatives
Father: Amit Patel
Mother: Asha Patel
Brother: Ashmit Patel
Marital Status: Single
Kanav Puri (Businessman)
Ameesha Patel Favorites
Hobbies: Shopping, Singing, Dancing
Favorite Male Singer: Sonu Nigam, Jagjit Singh
Favorite Movie: Pretty Woman, Titanic, Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak, Umrao Jaan
Favorite Destination: Amsterdam, London, Paris,
Favorite Food: Chinese cuisine, Thai cuisine, home-cooked Indian food
Favorite Color: Black, White
Facts You Never Knew About Ameesha Patel
- Ameesha learned Bharatnatyam when she was 5 years old.
- After completed her graduation degree in USA, she got an offer from Morgan Stanley though she turned it down.
- Once returning back towards India, Ameesha Patel joined Satyadev Dubey’s theater and appeared in stage plays, comprising off an Urdu language theater play titled Neelam.
- She has also modeled for a number of renowned Indian brands like Fair & Lovely, Bajaj Sevashram, Fem, Cadburys Jai Lime, Lux and numerous others.
- Ameesha Patel’s first Bollywood movie Kaho Na Pyar Hai was a megahit blockbuster in the year 2000.
- Ameesha’s Amit Patel utilized her hard-earned money to resuscitate their family business, causing some misunderstandings amongst Ameesha and her father.
- In the year 2004, Ameesha sent a legitimate notice to her father for misusing her Money and getting her money back.