Known ForA Love Story (1994) Agni Sakshi (1996) Gupt (1997) and Mann (1999)
Full Name:Manisha Koirala
Nationality:Nepalese and Indian
Age:50 years old (in 2020)
Date of Birth:16 August 1970
Zodiac Sign: Leo
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
Height:5 ft 5 inches (1.65 m)
Weight:63 kg (139 lbs)
Body Measurements:36-34-38 Inches
Dress Size:6 (US)
Hair Color:Black and Brown
Manisha Koirala is a Nepalese Indian actress cum model primarily recognized in Bollywood cinema. She was born in Kathmandu, Nepal on 16th August, 1970. Manisha got immense fame for her remarkable performances in movies like Bombay, Akele Hum Akele Tum, Khamoshi: The Musical and Company and Dil Se.
Manisha’s completed her studies from Kanya College, Varanasi. Afterwards, she settled in New Delhi with the intention of studying secularly at Army School Dalkuya. Since her childhood, she desired to become a medic to serve people, though imaginably modeling ultimately opened her doors to make her appearance in show business world. In the year 1991, the filmy career of Manisha Koirala initiated with Subhash Ghai’s directed movie titled Saudagar. The two fabled actors Dilip Kumar, as well as Raj Kumar, starred together on the mega screen at that time. The movie proved to be a big hit of the year. The movie made her a superstar overnight and by way of her debutant movie she rose to utmost fame and gained immense recognition.
Another Manisha’s movie titled Agni Sakshi was released in the year 1996, the movie was tremendously hit at Indian box office. In the same year, Manisha Koirala was initiated to work in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s movie titled Khamoshi. In the year 1997, she starred in the movie titled “Guptas – The Hidden Truth” by Kajol and Bobby Deol. The movie was a megahit at Indian box office. It was the very first time this year that Manisha Koirala starred on the mega screen alongside Shah Rukh Khan in Mani Ratnam’s directed movie titled Dil Se. This movie responded well to audience as well as critics and she was also elected as the best actress of the film.
In the year 2000, Manisha Koirala starred in a multi-star film titled Lajja. Her acting was very well inspiring in this movie. She afterwards starred in Ajay Devgn featured Film titled Company. She also won 3rd Filmfare Critics Award for this movie. She endured chemotherapy and spent numerous months in New York Hospital. As of 2nd May 2017, after four years’ time span, she cured of ovarian cancer. Curing cancer and struggling to survive, Manisha is energetically involved in enhancing sentience regarding this disease. Manisha was born to Sushma Koirala and Prakash Koirala. She tied the knot with a Business tycoon named Samrat Dahal.
Facts You Never Knew About Manisha Koirala!
- Is Manisha Koirala addicted to smoking?: No
- Is Manisha Koirala alcoholic?: Yes
- She is the grand-daughter of Nepalese former Prime Minister named Bishweshwar Prasad Koirala. Though, she did not make use of her family prestige to enter in Bollywood.
- Apart from Bollywood, Manisha has worked in Tamil, Nepali, Malayalam and Telugu film industry.
- She has learned the art of Manipuri and Bharatnatyam dances.
- Manisha Koirala was bestowed with Filmfare Critics Award 3 times for her roles in the films like Akele Hum Akele Tum, Bombay, Dil Se; Khamoshi: The Musical, Company and Lajja.
- She always desired to be a medical specialist though a modeling occasion introduced her in acting.
Manisha Koirala Education
Qualification: Diploma in Film Making
School: VKM, Varanasi (Till Class X)
Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan, New Delhi
College: New York University
Manisha Koirala Gallery
Manisha Koirala Career
Known For: A Love Story (1994) Agni Sakshi (1996) Gupt (1997) and Mann (1999)
Debut TV Series/Movie: Bollywood– Saudagar (1991)
Nepali Film– Pheri Bhetaula (1989)
Net Worth: INR 80 Crore (approx.)
Family & Relatives
Father: Prakash Koirala
Mother: Sushma Koirala
Brother(s): Siddharth Koirala
Marital Status: Divorced
Husband/Boyfriend: Samrat Dahal
- Vivek Mushran (Bollywood Actor)
- Crispin Conroy (Australian Ambassador for Nepal)
- Sandeep Chowta (Bollywood Music Director)
- Nana Patekar (Famous Bollywood Actor)
- DJ Whosane (DJ)
- Cecil Anthony (Nigerian Businessman)
- Aryan Vaid (Indian model and actor)
- Prashant Chaudhari (Restaurateur)
- Akshay (Bollywood Actor)
- Christopher Dorris (A sports counselor, author and entrepreneur
- Samrat Daha
Manisha Koirala Favorites
Favorite Actor: Kamal Haasan
Favorite Destination: Kashmir and London
Favorite Color: White
Riyaz Aly Wish Riyaz Aly Happy Birthday
Charlie Lenehan Wish Charlie Lenehan Happy Birthday
Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ Wish Kıvanç Tatlıtuğ Happy Birthday
Samantha Logan Wish Samantha Logan Happy Birthday
Briana Lane Wish Briana Lane Happy Birthday
Gopalakrishnan Padmanabhan Pillai Wish Gopalakrishnan Padmanabhan Pillai Happy Birthday
Irfan Khan Pathan Wish Irfan Khan Pathan Happy Birthday
Sudesh Lehri Wish Sudesh Lehri Happy Birthday