Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||6’ 1” (1.85 m)|
|Weight||80 kg (176 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
- Singer Davido Flaunts Louis Vuitton Shirt Worth Over N700k
- Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck Got Engaged 18 years after their first failed engagement
- Will Smith Banned From The Academy For Next 10 Years
- Actor Junior Pope Feels Proud as Son Speaks Igbo Fluently in School
- Davido’s Ifeanyi Walks Away in Frustration As Ice-Cream Man Plays Games With Him
- Tina Knowles Celebrates Beyoncé & Jay Z’s 14th Wedding Anniversary
|Full Name||Rohit Shetty|
|Age||49 years old (in 2022)|
|Date of Birth||14 March 1973|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
Rohit Shetty is a leading Indian film producer and director. His work as a producer includes the super hit Singham movie series, Golmaal movie series, Chennai Express, Bol Bachchan and Dilwale. Rohit was born on March 14, 1973 in Maharashtra, Bombay. His Mom Ratna was a junior Bollywood artist, and father M. B. Shetty, who had performed in numerous Kannada and Hindi films. He has 6 siblings including 4 sisters and two brothers.
Rohit Shetty started his career when he was only 17 years of age. He worked as a junior director with Kuku Kohli during the movie “Phool Aur Kaante”. Afterward, he assisted him for the movie “Ek Aur Kohinoor”, which was never on the rampage. Rohit also worked with Kohli on Haqeeqat, Suhaag and Zulmi. Afterward, he started to work with Anees Bazmee for the movie “Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha”, followed by Raju Chacha and Hindustan Ki Kasam.
At the age of 30, Rohit Shetty first time directed his debut movie, Zameen, as an independent film director. This movie did average business on the Indian box office. Rohit rose to utmost fame in 2006 once he directed a super hit comedy movie, “Golmaal” with starring Arshad Warsi, Ajay Devgan, Sharman Joshi and Tusshar Kapoor.
In 2008, Rohit Shetty directed his 3rd movie, Sunday, starring Warsi, Devgan and Ayesha Takia. This movie was a big comic-thriller. Rohit’s second mega project for 2008 was the sequel of Golmaal, i.e. Golmaal Returns. In 2009, Rohit Shetty released “All the Best: Fun Begins”. Shetty directed Golmaal 3 in the year 2010. His next big release, Bol Bachchan, is a mega comedy serial starring Abhishek Bachchan and Devgan. Bol Bachchan was a viable success across India.
Rohit Shetty’s megahit Chennai Express, starring Deepika Padukone and Shah Rukh Khan, was released in 2013. Rohit has also played the role of a judge for a well-known Indian television show “Comedy Circus”.
Rohit Shetty directed “Golmaal Again”, the fourth sequel of the Golmaal. The movie, starring Parineeti Chopra and Ajay Devgn, released in 2017 with diversified reviews of the viewers but became the highest earning Indian movie of 2017.
Rohit Shetty Education
|School||St Mary's School, Mumbai|
Rohit Shetty Career
Profession: Film Director
Salary: 25 Crore (INR)
Family & Relatives
Father: Mudhu Balwant Shetty (Actor and Fight director)
Mother: Ratna Shetty
Brother(s): Hriday Shetty (Step-Brother) and Uday Shetty (Step-Brother)
Sister(s): Chanda Shetty (Elder), Chaya Shetty (Elder), Mahek Shetty (Elder)
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Maya Shetty (Banker)
Prachi Desai (Actress)
Rohit Shetty Favorites
Favorite Actress: Kareena Kapoor
Favorite Food: Pasta Pomodoro
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Rohit Shetty!
- Rohit’s father M.B Shetty was a famous villain of 70s as well as a top fight director, that is why, was also known as Fighter Shetty.
- Shetty’s father died when he was only 6 years old.
- Rohit’s first salary was only 35 INR for a day.
- Rohit Shetty’s directorial debut movie Zameen was a big flop.
- He owns a film production company named Shree Ashtavinayak Cine Vision.
- Rohit Shetty started his career in Bollywood as an assistant director with 1991s megahit movie Phool Aur Kaante.
- He played the role of a judged for Sony TV Comedy Circus Show from 2009-2012.
- Rohit initially elect Kareena Kapoor for Chennai Express but on account of date concerns, Deepika Padukone was nominated for this role.
- After his father’s death, Rohit’s family was in big crisis that once her Mom went to Amitabh Bachchan for help.
- He initially chose a number of titles for Chennai Express, like Ready Steady Po and Southern Touch.
- Rohit Shetty hosted Khatron Ke Khiladi in 2014.