Yuvraj Singh – Biography, Facts & Life Story
His Social Media Profiles
Height, Weight & Physical Stats
|Height||6’ 1” (1.85 m)|
|Weight||78 kg (172 lbs)|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Shoe Size||10 Inches|
|Age||41 years old (in 2023)|
|Date of Birth||12 December 1981|
|Full Name||Yuvraj Singh Bhundel|
Yuvraj Singh is a renowned left-handed batsman who always bowls left-arm spin, a fearless and flamboyant cricketer. A proficient cricket of fast bowling, Yuvraj Singh has the power and ability to strike the ball clean and long, and his antagonistic batting has even attested to be a match winner on several occasions. Yuvraj is also an enormous point fielder, with rapid reflexes that make him to rank higher in the list of proficient fielders achieving ODI run outs.
Yuvraj Singh started his career by way of playing domestic cricket tournaments like Under-19 World Cup Sri Lanka and Under-19 Cooch-Behar Trophy. He was nominated for National Cricket Academy Bangalore, and after that his career moved ahead in great stream. In 2000, Yuvraj Singh made his ODI debut for India vs. Kenya at Nairobi, at ICC Champions Trophy. He showed his utmost potential with outstanding innings at tournaments such ad Natwest Series final with his incredible partnership with Mohammad Kaif; the Cricket World Cup 2003 and Indian Oil Cup 2005 in which he scored an unforgettable 110 runs of 114 balls, and was judged as man of the match alongside West Indies.
Yuvraj Singh’s performance in 2011 Cricket World Cup has been contributory in taking India to the way of becoming Champions. Yuvraj played nine matches in 2011 World Cup and scored 362 runs whilst also 15 wickets in hand. He moved ahead to become “Man of the Series” in this tournament. Yuvraj’s career took a break when he was spotted with lung cancer in the year 2011 after not being in a perfect form for a longer time span. The whole things deteriorated when in 2012, it came into light that Yuvraj Singh has tumor and the cricketer gone through chemotherapy in United States.
Yuvraj Singh is the brand-ambassador of a number of brands like sports365.in, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 video game, Ulysse Nardin and Puma. He also associates with a charity YouWeCan and has treated millions of cancer patients thru it. Yuvraj was born in Chandigarh, Punjab, India on 12th December, 1981. He is the son of legendary player Yograj Singh who is a former fast bowler as well as a Punjabi film star. He completed his schooling from DAV Public High School Chandigarh.
Yuvraj Singh Bhundel Education
Qualification: 10th standard
School: DAV Public School, Sector 8, Chandigarh
Yuvraj Singh Bhundel Career
Profession: Cricketer (Batsman)
Test– 16 October vs New Zealand at Mohali
ODI– 3 October 2000vs Kenya at Nairobi
T20– 13 September 2007 vs Scotland at Durban
Net Worth: $35 million
Family & Relatives
Father: Yograj Singh (Actor, Former Cricketer & Coach)
Mother: Shabnam Singh
Brother: Zoravar Singh (Actor)
Marital Status: Married
Wife: Hazel Keech, Actress (2016-present)
- Kim Sharma (Actress)
- Deepika Padukone (Actress, rumour)
- Riya Sen (Actress, rumour)
- Preity Zinta (Actress, rumour)
- Leepakshi (Fashion Designer, rumour)
- Hazel Keech (Actress)
Yuvraj Singh Bhundel Favorites
Hobbies: Travelling, reading and watching films
Favorite Food: Kadhi-Chawal, Gobhi ka Paratha, Chinese cuisine
Favorite Color: Black
Facts You Never Knew About Yuvraj Singh Bhundel
- All through his childhood, Yuvraj Singh was fond of tennis and roller-skating, and he even won U-14 National Roller-skating Championship.
- Yuvraj played a number of small roles as a child star in two Punjabi movies titled Mehndi Sajna Di and Putt Sardara.
- After rigid training, Yuvraj Singh settled in Mumbai city to train at Elf-Vengsarkar Cricket Academy.
- In final of U-19 Cooch Behar Trophy, he scored 358 of 404 balls against Bihar. Amusingly, MS Dhoni was part of Bihar team in the match.
- Yuvraj’s parents divorced when he was very young, afterwards he stayed with his Mom.
- He believes on lucky number 12.
- The first income Yuvraj Singh got after playing Cricket was of 21 lakh which he handed over to his Mom for buying a house.